Vocalocity offers a paperless Fax solution that allows you to get rid of the clunky and expensive office fax machine. Sending faxes is as easy as sending an email, and faxes are received in your inbox. Faxes are received as an attachment in either PDF or TIFF format.
Important: Each fax number is tied to one email address. The email address can be changed at any time by changing the address listed in the online user interface (http://my.vocalocity.com). However, this may take 24 to 48 hours to update. If you need to update an email address sooner, please call the Customer Care Team.
Configuring Your Fax
- Log in to the online user interface (http://my.vocalocity.com).
- After clicking the “Phone Systems” icon at the top of the page, click “Faxes” on the left-hand navigation bar.
- Click on the fax that you wish to configure. Please Note: If you do not have a fax in your account, contact the Customer Care Team to add one.
- In the “Fax Number” box, you will see the fax number that has been assigned to your account. Please Note: You cannot swap out your fax number with a voice number on your account. Fax and voice numbers function in entirely different ways.
- Enter a fax name; this is usually an employee’s name or a department name.
- Enter the email address to which you would like the faxes delivered. Remember, this is the same email address that faxes must be sent from.
- Select the delivery format for the incoming faxes. You can choose from either a PDF or TIFF attachment.
- Click the “Save” button in either the upper or lower right-hand corner.
Sending a Fax
- To send a fax, log in to the email account you assigned to the fax.
- Compose a new email. For instructions on what to enter in the “To” field, please log in to your online user interface (http://my.vocalocity.com) and click on “Faxes” on the left-hand navigation bar after clicking the “Phone System” icon at the top of the page. If you send a fax using @efaxsend.com, please click here for more information. If you send a fax using @fax.vocalocity.com, please click here for more information.
- Attach the document you would like to fax to the email. Attachments can be in the form of Microsoft Office 97-2003 files (Word and Excel), image files TIFF and PDFs. Please Note: Faxes without at least one attachment will not be sent.
- Anything in the subject or the body of the email will come across on a Vocalocity cover page. If you would like to use your own cover page, leave these spaces blank and attach a cover page.
For more information on Vocalocity’s Fax service, check out the video below.